Saturday, April 24, 2010

First Album Purchase

Tonight I received the heart warming news that the first album purchase had been made on my CD baby account for "Could This Be...". It may sound vein to describe this as heart warming but there is no other way to describe the emotional lift you get when someone supports you. One year ago I told my wife that it had been a goal of mine for as long as I could remember to write an album. At the time, I did not have one of the songs currently on the album even in my mind. I knew I was starting from scratch but was determined to make an art piece that bled my thoughts, desires, gripes, and love for life. Over the summer of 2009 I took several weeks off of work to sit down, brainstorm, drink coffee, pull my hair, hate the guitar, love the guitar, love movies, eat, not sleep, stress, and write. At the end of the few weeks, I had nine songs (nine keepers at least). "Should I make an EP", I thought, "and cut out two of the songs and end up with a solid seven?". I pondered this for several weeks until the song "Life Used To Be So Simple" was written. After I had reached the tenth song, I pushed myself to drum up one last keeper. Well...that one turned into four. I was extremely lucky to have this roll. On this post I have included one of the rough recordings I did when I was piecing together my songs. The name of the nine song "rough" album is "Robs Red Studio" because the place I recorded belonged to a friend of mine with a funny story behind the red walls that currently occupied his creative work zone. This is "Saddy" off of Rob's Red Studio. Hey Rob Kral...Thank You So Much, you helped me start this!




No comments:

Post a Comment