Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mickie Finnz Gigs

Ever since last summer I have been doing a regular monthly gig at this bar/restaurant by my place called Mickie Finnz. It has easily become my favorite place to play music. When I play there fridays, I usually go from 4-7 which is there happy hour. I have to say this is probably the worst time to play because some people are still at work or want to take showers after work(at least I know I do). But besides this time thing it always ends up having this "Cheers Bar" feeling. All types of different people from different parts of my life congregate in one Bar to enjoy time and food together...and I get to be the one who plays the music, I am so lucky. Lately I have realized that I really don't have to play all covers to keep the night going but I am able to mix in new and old songs from my albums and it can just play as background. I love this because I am constantly able to try out new songs in a live setting and it really makes me more confident in songs I am still unfamiliar with. Anyway, if any of you have been ones that have come to these gigs, Thank you for the support. New Album in February is still the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment